For the past couple of years a lot of the Tye girls have got together to do the "Race for the Cure" in Salt Lake. It is always so fun! This year when we all got our pamphlets in the mail, we were so surprised and excited to see a few people we know on there! My Grandma Tye, my sister Janessa, and my cousin Britni all made the front page! It was taken from the last year's race, and I remember the photographer taking the picture. I love it! It's a great picture of everyone, especially Grandma. Who better to represent the fundraiser than a two time breast cancer survivor?! My grandma is an amazing woman!
We always have blue balloons for everyone in our group; 1 so it's easier to find eachother, and 2 because grandma's favorite color is blue. :)
Janessa, Me, Grandma, Mom, and Lauren
So happy to be there!
It is an event that I look forward to every year. It's just so fun to see so many people coming together to support a great cause. Unfortunately breast cancer has affected many lives. I love seeing all the groups of people together, seeing all the clever sayings and outfits. It's heartbraking to see those walking in memory of someone, and it's encouraging to see those walking in support and in celebration of others. I always get emotional at seeing the survivor walk after the race, and seeing all the wonderful ladies parading by. I just can't imagine what it's like to go through that, and my heart goes out to them. Along with supporting a great cause, it's so much fun to be together with such a fun family! :) Good times!




No comments:
Post a Comment