
This last weekend we had our annual Turkey Shoot at my Grandma's house. It is always so much fun! All of the family on my moms side gets together and competes for a turkey and a ham. We have a shoot out to see who can shoot the most clay pigeons. We start off with everyone, and narrow it down to one final winner who gets to take home the turkey. Next we have the Annie Oakley to find the last man standing and they get a ham. It gets very competitive! I'm proud to say that I shot three and Ben shot two. Okay, so we are not the best shots, and never really had a chance at the turkey or the ham, but it's still lots of fun.
Ben in the bird box throwing the clay pigeons.

Don't we look like naturals? Don't mess!


It's an all day event, filled with family, food, competitions, lots of shooting and lots of fun!



14 comments:
That looks like my kind of holiday tradition! =) Ave would love to go with your family by the way. He spent two hours at Cabelas yesterday talking to a guy about guns... yeah... love maybe isn'
t strong enough. I love the pictures, you look very tough. Don't mess with mama!
Hey Teea cute blog! This is Elisa I saw your blog on Jamilyn's. I added your link to mine, hope you don't mind. :)
You guys look so tough! Love it.
I am impressed with the shooting! My Great Grandma used to have a shooting range and we loved to get together and practice! Miss you guys and have been thinking about Kynslee a ton.
How fun! You guys look so natural. What a fun tradition! And it sounds like nobody accidently shot anyone which is always a plus. You guys are great!
TEEA! I'm so glad you found me! Of course I remember you! :) We were in that dumb Abuse and Neglect class...BLAH! Hated it! I really am so glad that I can keep in touch with and I would LOVE to add you to my list! I hope you two are doing well and I'm glad we can keep in touch!
you guys kook great!! haha i love it!! it looks like you guys had a fun time!
Oh man that would be the best. I miss shooting and the great outdoors. Up here in Logan it is WAY too big and crowded! I definatly Miss ephraim. Where does your Grandma live?
What an awesome tradition! Ben looks a little creepy holding a gun...remind me to stay on his good side! J/k Love you guys
Teea,
I'm so glad you found my blog too! I think I saw a link to yours on Felisha's blog, and read a post about your baby girl one night. I cried and cried and cried for you! Life is so hard sometimes, and you don't even realize the hardships that everyone else is going through in their private lives. I couldn't even think of anything remotely comforting to say! But I'm deeply sorry and humbled by all you've gone through. Thank the stars that there are fun things in life like Turkey shoots, or I don't know how we'd make it through this life! :) I'm glad we're blog friends.
Jamilyn
Teea, that is such an awsoe family tradition. I tried to shoot a gun one and i failed miserably. You and your hubby are so cute together. I hope everything is going well for you and have a great thanksgiving
You guys have all the fun!
What a fun tradition. 3 clay pigeons is awesome! Plus, it's all you needed to be the reigning champ (out of you & Ben). Sometimes, that's all you need!
Teea! I just found your blog! Maybe you told me about it a while ago and I misplaced it in my brain, but I'm glad I found you today. It's been a while! It was great to see your smiley face, and see Kynslee's pictures--she is just as beautiful as I remembered. I miss her too.
Jen
Post a Comment