.

.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanks Amanda!

Thanks to my wonderful cousin, whom I lovingly refer to as my big sister, I received this sweet poem the other day. It came to me on a hard day, one where I just wanted to lay on the couch and cry (which I did) and I really liked it. Just wanted to share-

A sweet little child
at a party one day,
when toys were being given away,
discovered a broken one,
and with a smile, said:
"I'll take it.
You see, I know my Daddy
can fix anything,
and soon it will be
good as new."

And once, perhaps, in heaven one day
when bodies were being given away,
a sweet little child
discovered a broken one,
and with a smile, said"
"I'll take it.
You see, I know my Father
can fix anything,
and someday it will be
good as new."

Now we, in all our deepest grief -
in searching for that sweet relief -
are clinging to that hopeful knowledge, too


I know that Kynslee will be resurrected and her body will perfect. She will be (and is now) free from the pain and suffering she endured on this earth. I know that our Father in Heaven will fix it, and it will be good as new. Kynslee was so special, and you could tell. There was just something about her that's hard to describe. Perhaps it was angels and even our Savior by her side, helping her make it through it all. She was an angel herself, blessing everyone who knew her. I am so glad she chose to come to earth, even with a "broken" body. She changed Ben and I and taught us more than we thought we could learn. I know she impacted many others as well. It's comforting to know all these things. It's comforting to know that our family is forever. It's comforting to know I will see her again, and when I do, it won't be in the hospital, or hooked up to oxygen or feeding tubes (although I would take that all again if I could!). It's also very comforting to feel her with me every day. I know she is by our side and helping us make it without her.

And just because I love to look at pictures of her-



I just want to kiss those little cheeks of hers!

14 comments:

erin said...

oh wow. goosebumps. she's perfect. selfless. thank you for the reminder that life is full of miracles. it's simple. return to our Father. lean on our Father. Wow. Love you guys.

Em said...

That was great T. I want to squish those cheeks myself!

Pallas said...

Oh Teea that is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your testimony and I miss you! I am glad you found me on here!

carolyn q said...

Okay, I need to learn not to look at blogs while I am at work because reading yours today. . I have big tears swelling up in my eyes and that's not too professional.
Our daughter's are perfect and sometimes I ponder what it was in the pre-mortal life they did that was so deserving. . .or was she (Hope)to save me because I am so unperfect and so knowing I have something to look forward to on the other side, I would work that much harder at coming unto Christ? As much as it hurts and the longing that is so apparent in wanting her back into my arms. . .I am holding out that it will be even that much better on the other side.
Just wanted you to know I was checking in on you today.

Heidi and Kevin said...

thanks for that t!! i love you guys so much and i am so greatful that ben has you! i am lucky that i have sucha sweet sister in law!! love ya

kollers said...

Well I can hardly read cause my eyes are all teared up, what an amazing little girl and what amazing parents you and Ben are. You guys are unreal and we have just been so impacted by you and all you have been through. We admire you guys so much and are so so glad that families can be together forever. Love you guys!

Em said...

We love little Kynslee and miss her. That last picture, you can see a lot of Ben in her. I know she will be resurrected again someday,and I know you will be with her, once again a together family.

Karin. said...

I thought of you when I saw this. Even though Kynslee and Eliot had different heart conditions I thought you would enjoy it. Love you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0

scott and jessica doman said...

that is such a good poem. Thanks ur thoughts adn I too am so glad families are forever. I hope u have a good day today and know u are in my thoughts. THanks for ur example

The Rindi's said...

I will also say thanks for the poem and the reminder of the wonderful things in our lives!! Kynlsee touched our family and we will forever remember her!! She is a beautiful little girl and she is blessed to have you and Ben as her parents. Thank you for the example you guys are you are always in our prayers!! We are here for you always!!!

Missy said...

That is such a precious and touching poem! How sweet of her to share it with you:) Such a sweet reminder of the challenges faced here in this life but also the blessings that will come in the next life.

Rachel Smith said...

She had some very squeezy and nibbly-able cheeks. Thank you for sharing that poem and those photos! I can't wait to see you at thanksgiving!

Andrea said...

She is so cute! What a sweet little angel! Thanks for sharing that wonderful poem and your amazing testimony. I needed it today.
Love,
Andrea

The Ridgway Family said...

What a beautiful poem and Kynslee looks so darling. I do not know why some of us mommies have to loose our babies and it stinks and it's so hard, but I too take comfort in knowing that I will see her again and she will be whole and complete. I am more thankful than ever at these times for the Gospel and for my Savior.

Keisa
angel Eden's mommy