.

.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fun Run



Last Saturday was the Fun Run for Intermountain Healing Hearts. It was so much fun! Everyone did such a great job and it turned out really great! Intermountain Healing Hearts is a support group for families affected by Congenital Heart Defects and they do so many great things. It is so nice to meet people who are going through similar experiences and have people to talk to who understand. It has been so helpful for Ben and I. They had an exhibit set up for members of IHH were are no longer with us. We made a cute poster for Kynslee and wished she could be here with us.




We had a lot of support from our families! Thanks to everyone who came! It meant so much to us!






Here we are all participating in the race! Good job everyone! And good job to Dallen who was the very first person to cross the finish line!


Yay! We finished!


After the race, there was a special presentation to honor our angel children who are in heaven. Each family was given a bell with their child's name on it. We took turns ringing the bell for each child, then releasing a while balloon. It was very moving. And very sad. But it was nice to be able to honor their lives and the time we got to be with them.



Here I am ringing the bell for Kynslee and sending a balloon up to heaven for her. I also read some other names for families who were unable to attend.




There was something so special and moving to see all the white balloons floating up in the clear blue sky. It was beautiful.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Teea:
I wish so bad I could have been there. It sounded like it was wonderful. Maybe next year. I still can't wait to meet you.
Love,
Andrea

*We're Unplugged* said...

I am 100% sure that Jaxon was at the Fun Run with us, however, it seems we misplaced him in all the photos.
Oh wait, I see him. I am pretty sure those are his legs behind my moms!
I am glad that we were able to come and walk, even though exercise is against everything I believe in!

Em said...

Hey guys. Jay and the kids told me how great everything was. I really wish I could have come.
Jaylee is convinced that Kynslee found her special balloon. She told me all about it. Love you guys.

Em said...

My eyes filled with tears once again for our sweet angels. Thank-you for being such an amazing friend. I feel privileged to know you guys, and to have known Kynslee.
Heart hugs,
Emily and Mike

Melissa said...

My heart (and eyes) swell. What a loving event. We think about you all the time (Kynslee too!) The pics you have posted of her touch my heart. Thanks for sharing.

kollers said...

You guys are amazing! We wish we could have been there, We just love you guys and admire you. We love little Kynslee and are sure she was there with you. You guys are awesome!

scott and jessica doman said...

how are you? We wish we could have been there. What a neat experience.

Amanda said...

Hey I found your blog! I'm sorry that we didn't make it to the fun run. I was thinking of Kynslee all day and wishing I could be there. You guys are an inspiration to me! Love you!

Day by Day Design said...

I received your note in the mail. Thank you so much, you are so sweet Teea! What a neat run. It is amazing how many people there are that care about your beautiful Kynslee. I hope you guys are doing well! Call us if you want to get together!!