We had a great day on Kynslee's birthday. It turned out to be pretty fun. We started the day at the cemetery. When we got there, Ben's parents had put balloons up and had put up the cute name sign. Before, it was just a handwritten piece of paper that had her name spelled wrong, and her age wrong as well. So this was so nice to have something a little more official, and definitely more cute!. We are still waiting for her headstone to come in. We decorated her grave with the flowers and the wreath. And we spent some time there. Afterwords, we went to Primary's to donate some toys, blankets, stuffed animals and things. While Kynslee was in the hospital, she acquired so many of these things. Each week they play bingo, and they have the older kids play for the younger ones who can't play, so she got a bingo prize every week. Plus through out the six months, we were there for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines and Easter, and she got presents for almost all of those as well. So we had a lot of stuff. We kept the ones that she played with or that she used, but most of it we decided we wanted to donate back so that other kids can enjoy the fun prizes and presents. So we took them up to the hospital and even saw a couple of nurses we had. Later that evening, we went to Olive Garden for dinner with all of my family and all of Ben's family. It was so fun to have everyone together. We ended the evening at our home, having cake and ice cream. We also watched a video of Kynslee and looked at pictures I have started scrapbooking. It was fun. I was glad that we did these things and spent time remembering her. It would have been easy to just stay in bed and cry. But this was perfect.
Thanks to everyone for all your comments, calls and texts. We really appreciate it! Thank you for remembering Kynslee. It means a lot to us. Thank you, thank you!!
These are the pictures we took at the cemetery. We can't wait to get her headstone in. Thanks to Nana and Pop-Pop who take such great care of it and make it look so good!



This is everyone at dinner. It's not a very good picture, but you can tell we had a lot of support and love from our family. Thank you!

Here's the cake I attempted to make. It took me quite a while. And it's pretty much held together with a lot of frosting! But in the end it turned out okay. It kind of looks like a butterfly, right? :) (It's no match for you Jen!)
7 comments:
It was a great night. Thanks for everything and letting us be apart. Love you guys!
You did a great job on the cake! I am so glad that the day turned out to be a good one! Love you!
I am glad you had a good day. I was thinking about you guys. I love the cake. You are quite talented!!
We love you guys. We have been thinking about you all week. I am glad it was over-all a "good-day". The anticipation is always worse. This year I am really worried because Lilly's and Ryker's birthdays are nine days apart. Anyways, 4 more weeks from Monday, and about 3 till Lilly's. It stinks, but I will smile and remember them.
Heart hugs,
Mike and Em
P.S. I love the butterfly cake! It is PERFECT and made with love.
What a darling cake! You got skills. :) Looks like you had a very fun and special day. You amaze me. Love ya!
I'm glad your day turned out to be a good one. I was thinking of you on that day. Let me get this straight. You went to Olive Garden 2 days in a row. HAHA....i'm sorry
I'm glad you had a good day!! Your cake is way too cute!! I have recently gotten into cake decorating and I don't think mine would ever look that good!! It was good to see you at lunch we all for sure need to get together soon!!!
Post a Comment