This year, Ben's birthday was the last day of finals week for him, and he had a final that morning. What a fun birthday! ;) At least his test was in the morning, and after that, it really was a great present, to be all done with his first year of school! While he was taking his test that morning, Payson and I decorated the house to surprise him. We decorated the front room with Congratulations for finishing his first year of law school. And the dining room was decorated in Happy Birthday. When he came home we celebrated both! Before heading out for a fun day, we opened presents.
Payson wanted to get him a skateboard (I'm not sure where he came up with that!) so we went to the dollar store and Payson picked out some things for him. He got him those little finger skateboards, an Avengers frisbee, and a little ball with Ironman on it. He was excited to give it to him. It was so cute. Oh, and we just had to get that Happy Birthday balloon, too.
I got him the Ninja blender and was so excited to give it to him. He LOVES kitchen appliances (and uses them all the time!) and he had been wanting a blender, so I was excited. He was surprised and we now use it daily.
Here are the boys playing with dads new toys.
Before we left I wanted to take some pictures of our decorations and Ben was so nice to pose for me. :)
We got a little crazy with the decorations!
After that, we dropped Payson off with Sally and Jackson and then Ben and I went to lunch and movie. It was such a fun day. It's been awhile since we have been on a nice date! Ben chose Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. It was a first for me, and promptly gave me heartburn. :) But it was really good.
Then we went and saw Ironman 3, which was awesome.
After the movie, we went and picked up Payson and then headed over to the JRC Closing Social. I brought cupcakes and everyone sang Happy Birthday to Ben. Then afterwards we went to Cold Stone with some of our friends and hung out there for awhile enjoying some yummy ice cream. And finally, to end the night, our good friends Jason and Meredith came over to watch a movie. I lasted about 15 minutes, but it was still fun. It was a fun, busy day, and hopefully a great birthday for Ben! I am so proud of him and all his hard work in finishing his first year of law school. He is 1/3 of the way finished! He is such a wonderful husband, father, student, and really is my best friend. I love to be with him and I am so glad we are on the adventure together. There is no one I would rather be with! Love you babe! You are the best!










1 comment:
I think Jason is jealous of the Ninja Ben got. That was a fun night! I felt bad you had us over when you were so tired :)
Post a Comment