.

.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Spring Time!

April was a fun month for us. We were so happy when the weather started getting warmer and we could spend more time outside! We were trying to get everything done before the baby came and I was working a lot to get everything wrapped up in preparation for going on maternity leave. I was also nesting and trying to get the house cleaned and organized, and getting all my projects done. Ben was finishing the semester and studying a ton, and Payson and I were trying to get some fun activities in and spend some quality time together, before everything got crazy with the arrival of the baby.
One of the first warm days was conference weekend, and in between sessions we went to the park and had a picnic and played around for a little bit. It was great to get outside! We walked along the pathway, played on the playground, and played frisbee with some friends. It was a lot of fun!
Ben and Payson wore their matching hats. So cute!
Some amazing friends of mine threw me the cutest baby shower! I didn't get any pictures, but it was such a cute party. We had a great turnout and got some great gifts. People are so nice! I am so blessed with so many great friends out here. It was such a fun shower. Only when I got home did I think to ask Ben to take a picture. I think this is my first pregnant/belly picture this pregnancy. I am 36 weeks here. 
 Also, Grandma Rhodes gave me the cutest nails that said Baby Girl. I put them on for the shower. They are the Jamberry Nails and I really liked them! So fun!
I love when this boy snuggles up to me! It doesn't happen very often, so I took a picture. I was holding him with one arm, trying not to squish my belly, and working on the computer with the other hand. I loved it though. 
We went to a "Block Party" at the library where they had a bunch of different stations of blocks set up for the kids to experiment and play with. It was a lot of fun.  
Payson has such cute friends and we are so glad we get to hang out with them. This is his cute friend Remington. They were skiing around the room. :)
Growing up we had Mickey Mouse popsicles that we always made, and my mom recently found them and gave them to us. So Payson and I made some chocolate pudding Mickey popsicles. He loved it and they were delicious! 
Payson gave his first prayer in primary! He did such a good job! He went up and said it all by himself. It was adorable! I was a proud mom and so glad I'm in the primary so I could see it. 
Ben was preparing for a final presentation and was practicing on us and Payson thought it was such a fun game. He would go up and tell us stories and flip through a book, the same way Ben was flipping through his notes. It was so cute. He loves to copy everything we do. I hope he grows up to be just like his daddy. :)
There is a fun indoor play place called Going Bonkers that we love to go to. It is all enclosed and secure, and the kids can just run around and play. Payson loves it and will run around for hours if I let him. Here's Payson with some more of his cute friends, Wyatt and Claire. He seriously has such a good group of friends. We are so lucky! 
Our good friends the Kollers sent us a package with some cute clothes for baby and some toys for Payson. He was so excited and loved them. We love the Kollers! They are the best! 
A bunch of moms from the JRC got together and did a game swap. We each found a game to make and then made a copy for everyone. Then we got together and exchanged the games. So we ended up with 11 different games. It was a lot of fun! And Payson loves to play with them. And a lot of them have been great for church. Such a great idea! 
Payson loves to mow the lawn and be outside with Ben. I personally think it's adorable. 
Cute boy!
Payson always wants to ride the "rides" at the mall, so we finally did it one day. And we even splurged and went up stairs and ate at Chick Fil A. It was a fun afternoon!
 Payson went on a field trip to Cici's Pizza for preschool and he wanted to go back so bad and show daddy. So the weekend before the baby came, we enjoyed some family time and went to Cici's.
Payson is such a good boy. He is so sweet, so easy going, and loves to play with anyone and anything. He has a great imagination and loves to play pretend. We'll play movies, books, and even real people. One of my favorites is playing "Utah" where I am Grandma and he is Grandpa. Or I am Nannie and he is Pop Pop and daddy is Harley, their dog. Hahaha. We have a lot of fun together and I love being with him. I've been treasuring our time together as it gets closer and closer to baby coming. He makes me so happy! :)

No comments: