http://www.thecrazychorister.blogspot.com/
http://primarysingingtimeideas.blogspot.com/
http://ldsprimaryposters.blogspot.com/
This month's song is Follow The Prophet. I thought a fun thing to do to help the kids learn the verses would be to have a time machine and have the prophets come visit us. (This was an idea on one of the websites too, but I thought of it before I read it, so I am taking credit. :) So with the help of my WONDERFUL, most AMAZING and FABULOUS husband, we successfully had a time machine and Adam and Moses come through to talk to our primary. It was a big hit. I loved it and so did they.
Here is the time machine Ben and I built

And the dial to turn it to the dispensation we wanted. (I foresee us using it again)
We had Adam come through first
And then Moses

It turned out so great- thanks to Ben-he is such a great sport and so good to me. The kids were just amazed and it was a lot of fun. One of the little kids even went up to Ben after church (Ben was in his regular clothes) and the kid said to him, "I know it was you. I don't know how you did it, but I am going to figure it out." It was hilarious.
I really love this calling. It is so fun. I love being able to teach the children through music, and to see their testimonies shine through as they sing. One of the primary chorister websites says "Think of it this way...you will be the only teacher in a primary child's life that will be able to say that the primary kids you taught still know the lessons you gave them word for word." I like that. :)

5 comments:
Thanks for the laugh you guys!!! Ben, you just made our day with the Moses costume!!!
Love the time machine idea! We are in primary now and it's hard to keep those kids entertained. It sounds like you do a great job:)
Teea i love that idea it is fantastic. Your husband dressed up as moses reminds me of the seminary video we maid and matt lebaron was dressed up as moses with a mop as a beard.
Teea that is a great idea for primary! I am also the primary chorister but my kids didn't get anything that amazing when we learned follow the prophet. :)
Teea, that is such a cute idea! I bet the kids loved it! I bet you make a fantastic chorister. I think it's, quite possibly, the best calling in the church!
Post a Comment