.

.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A LITTLE GET AWAY

What do you get when you mix:

A FEW DAYS OFF WORK

along with

A CAR LOADED WITH A TENT, SLEEPING BAGS, AN AIR MATTRESS, A COOLER FULL OF FOOD, AND A 5 GALLON JUG OF WATER



BEAUTIFUL SCENERY









WILDLIFE ROAMING THE HILLSIDES (or laying by the side of the road)








A WONDERFUL HUSBAND WHO DOESN'T MIND BEING IN ALL THE PICTURES, AND WHO DOES A GREAT JOB AS CAMERA MAN









A TON OF GEYSERS AND HOT SPRINGS











A CRAZY COUPLE ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES WITH BOTH OF THEM IN IT







SOME NICE PEOPLE PASSING BY, OFFERING TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CRAZY COUPLE






OLD FAITHFUL






and lots of pictures of all of the above?

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND IN YELLOWSTONE!!!




Ben and I took a little vacation to Yellowstone last weekend. We needed a little break from everything and we wanted to get away just the two of us before baby comes. We had a great time and enjoyed driving around and seeing all the sites. We did some hiking, even a little swimming (the water was FREEZING!) and took lots of pictures. My camera died half way through our trip so most of these are from the first day and part of the second. We have some great video though! We have been wanting to go camping so it was fun sitting around the fire, playing games and eating lots of smores! On our way home, we stopped at Bear World in Idaho. It is just a park where you can drive through and see a lot of wild life, but mostly they have bears roaming around and you just drive around and look at them. It was so fun to be so close to the bears. I was able to take a couple of pictures before my camera completely gave out, and I got one of the grizzly bears just as he walked out of his den, and then another of a wolf that was roaming around.



You can go through as many times as you want, and since the first time we went through it was raining, we decided to go back again and see if we could see more. They tell you not to stop your car at any time, so it was nice to go back and see what you missed. Well, the second time wasn't so great for us. We came to a point where the car in front of us was stopped, so we had to stop. We noticed one of the bears was up right against their car, looking into the windows. I grabbed the video camera to film it, then the bear started coming to us. He came over and was just at the front of our car, then all of a sudden he put his front legs on our hood. Then he grabbed the hood and pulled himself ON TOP of our CAR! The entire bear, on all fours was on the hood of our car. I was still filming, although I was watching the bear out of the window instead of the camera. We had no idea what to do! Ben started inching forward and the bear hopped off. Afterwords, we just looked at each other and kind of nervously laughed. We didn't know what to think. We finished driving through then got out and checked out the car. We now have huge dents in the hood from this silly bear! It was crazy! Once I figure out how to load the videos from the video camera onto the computer, I am posting the video, because it is just nuts!

Besides that little episode, it was a really fun weekend. Probably our last big adventure before the baby arrives. Now its time to get things ready here. I am at 30 weeks now, going to the doctor every two weeks. Things are looking good and I am pretty sure this baby is going to just push his way right out. He moves so much! We are getting really excited and just as nervous for him to be here. Also, my brother comes home from his mission in a week and we are so excited to see him! We've got lots of fun things ahead and lots to look forward to!

11 comments:

Kellie said...

I cant believe a bear sat on your car. That is crazy! Sounds like you had a fun trip though.

kollers said...

Oh my heck! I am so excited to see the grizzly video! I'm surprised Ben didn't jump out and beat it up. he he. Well we are sure glad you guys got a little getaway! How Fun! Glad our ESP is still workin too. Hopefully we will see you soon!

Missy said...

What a neat place to go to! I can't believe you had such a close encounter with that bear, holy cow! I'm glad you both survived.

The Rindi's said...

Haha that is crazy about the bear!! I for can say that has NEVER happened to us nor do I want it too!! I'm glad you guys had fun!!! You are looking way cute and I really love your bangs!!

P.S.If I am home for the 7th Harry Potter let's for sure go together!! Harry Potter will forever remind me of you!!

Unknown said...

Wow that looks amazing, my husband keeps telling me he is craving going there and now I can see why! Lovely! You too look so good pregnant and such a trooper for going there for vacation at this stage. I hope you are finding comfort and peace at this time and doing well. When is your due date? Will you be at the walk in September?

Melissa said...

What a fun little get-away. All the vacations I've ever been on, none have been to yellowstone. We've been wanting to take the girls and go. Now after seeing your pics, I am more excited to plan it. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing the bear on the hood. Too bad he caused damage.. We are looking forward to your new baby!

Anonymous said...

Your belly sure is adorable!! Such a cute pregnant lady! How scary of the bear to get on your car.. I would have been freakin out! lOL !! Glad you guys got a get away! How very fun!! : )

Caleb & Alicia said...

Looks like you guys had a crazy fun weekend!! and your soo adorable pregnant!! love you T and miss you.

Blass Family said...

We just got back form Yellow stone we love it there! Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You're such a brave pregnant lady :)

Savanna said...

What an adventure! Sounds like lots of fun. The Bear on my car would have scared me to death. That is SO crazy. That's good you guys got a little get away before the baby. By the way Teea your bangs are SO cute!! And you look SO cute pregnant!!