On Tuesday my brother came home from serving his mission in Riverside, California. It was so fun to get ready for his arrival. We made posters to have at the airport and we put up a big banner at my parents house. My cute mom also bought a ton of yellow paper plates and put smiley faces on them, then attached knifes to the back of them and we stuck them all over her yard. It was really cute.
We went to the airport and anxiously waited to see him coming down the escalator. We had lots of family there waiting with us. Once we saw him, my mom couldn't wait for him to get to the bottom; she ran right up and grabbed him. I don't think she had slept for a week, so was so excited to see him.
It is great to have him home, although I think it's a little hard for him. I kept asking Ben about how it was to come home, because sometimes Braden would look a little overwhelmed. I imagine it's hard to adjust to everything, and maybe a little sad to have to leave everything you devoted the last two years to. But it's been really fun to hang out with him and just to talk to him. It's fun to hear his stories, and to be able to tell him about whats been going on here.
I took lots of pictures!
Here we are waiting for his plane to come in. We were all so excited!
When we first saw him, I think I screamed a little. :) I don't really remember what happened, I was just excited.
We took turns hugging him and we were all smiles! The first thing he said to me was, "Whoa! I like your hair!" :)
Baby was even excited to see him! :)
He was so cute as he made the rounds and said hi to everyone.
This is after they measured my brothers to see who who is taller, and Dallen is now taller than Braden. He was pretty excited about that.
I love my family! They are awesome and we have so much fun together. I am so grateful for the love and friendship we share. It's fun as we get older and can share experiences on a deeper level. As the oldest, I like watching my siblings learn and grow and experience life. I am so proud of Braden and who he has become. He has grown up so much. He is so good and so strong. I know he was a great missionary, and I know he will do great at whatever he does in life.
The only thing missing is Kynslee. I really felt her absence and it was hard. I just kept thinking about how she should be here to meet her Uncle Braden. It hurts my heart to think that Braden never got to see her and hold her, and feel her special spirit. I was so excited to have him home, but that day was so hard for me. It's hard when the grief hits. I didn't really expect it, and I had a hard time not dwelling on it. It just hurts to have these reminders of what should be. I guess this is something I will just have to keep working on; enjoying life and everything that happens, while missing Kynslee so much.
And just because I know Kynslee would have been so happy to see him! :)

6 comments:
What an awesome day!!!! I remember the bitter sweet feelings of seeing Mike's brother come home and just hugging him so tightly, just trying to express our love for him but our sadness of him never seeing Ryker and not being there for his funeral and everything. It is a huge thing.
Holy cow I still can't believe it has been 2 years since he left!! I can't believe he is even old enough to be home from a mission it makes me feel really old!! I love your family too you guys are great!! Kynslee was there is spirit and I'm sure she was with Braden during the end of his mission!! I'm sorry it was hard for you!! If I were there I would give you a big hug because you inspire me every day with how strong you are!! You are great and I can't wait to see you!! when are you due? I know it's in Sept but I don't remember when sorry
Cute pictures! That is so fun to have him home. It makes me feel like such an old lady to see all of your growing up so fast. You have such a cute family.
Yeah!! He is home! I can't believe its been two years already. That is so awesome! Your cute little mom. . i can just see her being soo excited. Your family is just adorable. I'm sorry it was hard for you. You guys are so strong, I really admire you.
We have never met, but I have peeked at your blog a few times here and there from another blog that I follow.
I was excited to see that your brother just returned from the Riverside, California mission, because that is where my son (Elder Braden Gray) is currently serving as well. Small world!
Anywhoo...I guess our missionaries went on exchanges together a few months ago. Our Braden had mentioned this is an email home then. He really enoyed the small amount of time they were able to spend together.
Please tell Elder Tye welcome home and thank him for the influence that he had on our boy as well.
You have a beautiful {forever} family. I know that our Father in Heaven has many wonderful blessings in store for you over the next few months especially as you welcome your new bundle of joy!
Take care!
Loves, Wendy Gray :) {Elder Gray's mum}
oh that picture of kynslee is so cute! your fam is so cute too. you look great. i am glad to hear ur baby is healthy and overything looks good. i miss hanging out with ya.
Post a Comment