.

.

Friday, July 19, 2013

A Trip to Utah

So before Mayzie was born we had made plans for Ben and Payson to go to Utah for Ben's brother's wedding. Ben and Payson were going to drive out there while my family was going to come stay with me while they were gone. I debated back and forth about going. Andy was getting married May 25 and I was supposed to have Mayzie May 13. I didn't know how I would feel, how the baby would do, and all those people and germs, driving that long with a newborn, etc. I just decided not to go. But I was so sad! I didn't want to miss the wedding and seeing everyone! But I figured it was better this way. So Ben and Payson were going to leave Thursday, stay for the week, then head back after the open house on the following Sunday (Andy was getting married in St George and then a week later having an open house in Lehi). Then my mom had an idea- she thought they could drive out the motorhome, stay with me for a few days then I could drive back with them and be there for the open house in Lehi. That way I could still be there for some of the festivities and that would give me more time to recover and Mayzie more time to get bigger. Well then my dad suggested instead of driving everyone out there, how about just flying me and Mayzie to Utah. So that's what we did. Ben and Payson still drove out on Thursday, then Mayzie and I flew out on Saturday. I hate being home by myself, so I asked Maddy to stay with me one night and Kristalyn to stay with me the other night. I am such a baby! But it helped so much to have someone else here. And Jason and Meredith were so nice to drive me out to the airport. I was so excited and so nervous! I was nervous about taking Mayzie on the plane, by myself, so young, etc. But everything went great. Everyone was really nice and helpful. I sat by a sweet guy who could barely speak English, but he helped me grab things out of my bag and let me use his tray. He was so nice. I carried Mayzie in a sling and just kept her in there the whole time. I tried to keep her hidden from all the germs and people. But everyone commented to me about her and asked how old she was. She was a champ and slept the entire time on the plane. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! And it was so fun to be back in Utah. I spent the weekend with my family until Ben and his family came back from St. George. Then we spent the first week in Lehi with Ben's family and the next week in Taylorsville with my family. It was such a fun trip! We went to the zoo, the aquarium, the movies, Bear Lake, Kareoke Cafe, we got to see all the family, and we blessed Mayzie while we were out there. It was just a lot of fun. It was so fun showing Mayzie off to everyone. The night of the open house for Andy and Micayla, Ben's mom was telling us, Ok now don't take Mayzie out of her carseat, just keep her in the corner and covered so no one touches her or anything. And then as soon as it started she grabbed Mayzie and carried her around all night showing her off to everyone. :) It was so cute. She is such a proud Nannie and she loves her grandkids so much. That was a fun night and we were able to see a lot of Ben's extended family, and family friends. And the week we were with my family we threw my sister a couple of baby showers, so we got to see a lot of my extended family and family friends, too. It was fun. By the end of the two weeks we were ready to get home to our own space and own bed, but we are so grateful we could go out and spend time with everyone. We are blessed with such wonderful families. Here are some pictures from the trip.
Payson looking snazzy for the wedding.
Andy and Micayla and all the kids. We are so happy for them! They are such a cute couple and we are so happy to have Micayla in the family!
 Ben and Payson dressed for the reception
Love these cute boys! Jett, Drew, and Payson. We are lucky to have such great cousins!
Me and Mayz on the plane. The cute guy next to me offered to take our pic when he saw me trying to take pics of Mayzie.
On Memorial Day me and Mayzie went for a drive up the canyon. It was beautiful! We had a little picnic, went for a little walk, and just enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I miss the mountains! 
Grandpa carrying Mayzie
Later that day we met Ben and Payson and Ben's family at the cemetery.
 Tried to get a picture of the kids together.
We also went and saw Grandma and Grandpa Tye. I really miss them! I wanted to show Mayzie to Grandma, but I know they already know each other.
 Grandma and Grandpa Lamb with Mayzie
We had a birthday party for Ryker because Heidi and Kev were moving to Oregon and Ryker was turning one after they moved.
 Mayzie's umbilical cord finally feel off and she had her first bath in Grandma's sink.
 Payson loved sitting on the motorcycles and pretending to drive them!
Fun at the zoo! 
Pop-pop and Nannie with Mayzie girl
Love this guy
Cute Mayzie did great at the zoo and just hung out in her stroller. 
 We had a fire a couple of times at my parents house. We ate lots of delicious smores!
We looked over to see Payson "feeding" Mayzie. He was even using my shield. Hahaha! We tried to explain to him that only mommy can feed the baby, but he wasn't quite understanding that. :)
Sunday night at Grandma and Grandpa Cox's house. Some of my favorite childhood memories are at Grandma's house. I love going there. And I love this cute pic of Grandpa and Mayz.
 Preslee and Mayzie. Preslee loved her and wanted to hold her all night. So cute!
Uncle Braden and Mayzie
Uncle Dallen and Mayzie
 Sweet baby
 Took a picture of my Zupas salad. I love Zupas and I was so excited to get my summer chicken salad! 
 
 Cousin EJ and Mayzie
 Fun day at the Aquarium with the Hoovers and Andy and Micayla.
 Fishy face!
 Mayzie was an angel and slept through it!
 Tried to get a picture of all her blonde hair. I love it! 
 This daddy loves his kids. 
 While we were shopping Payson said, Mom take a picture of me in here! So I did. :) 
 Some fun pics from the open house. Jan worked so hard on it, and it turned out great! 
 Nannie and Mayzie
 Love this crazy kid. He always wants to take pictures of us. 
 Payson and Terry playing with Dakota
Karaoke Cafe! One of our favorite places! We had a really fun night with all my family and Ben's mom and dad, and Andy and Micayla. So much fun! 
Can't get enough of this cute girl.
The last night we were there Payson slept in Grandpa's tent, which was set up in the family room. He loved it! 
My cute friends from work gave Mayzie a swimming suit and nail polish, so she can join our club! We used to (well they probably still do) go to Melissa's house to swim and do our nails. Lots of good times with these ladies! Love them! 
The drive home was long and not very fun. Payson kept asking how much longer. Mayzie did pretty well. I would pump while we were driving and then feed her the bottle when we stopped. She is a much faster eater with a bottle than when nursing, so this helped cut down the time. But we still had to stop all the time. Between Mayzie's feedings and Payson needing to go potty, we made way too many stops. It was midnight and we were both falling asleep so we stopped in a little town in Nebraska and got a hotel for the night, then got up the next day and drove the rest of the way home. 
My sister Lauren and her husband Jack live in Lincoln and we stopped in to say hello on our way home. We couldn't stay very long, but it was so fun to see them! 
We were so happy to make it home! And once again we vowed we would not make that drive again. But we'll get over that and probably do it again. :) 

1 comment:

kollers said...

Teea! Love these pics and love that you are so good to blog! She is seriously just darling!! and Payson too! Love you all!