.

.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorials




A couple of weeks ago we went to a memorial tribute at Primary Children's Medical Center that was held in honor of all the children who have passed away in 2008. It was very special and meant a lot to us. We were blessed to have the support of our wonderful family members. They are so great and we appreciate so much all that they do for us. We also are lucky to have good friends who supports us as well and we are glad the Kollers could come and participate. It was very moving and I cried all the way through the ceremony. They did a slide show with the names and pictures of the children whose family's chose to participate. We knew many of them and I cried for them too. It is always hard to go back to the hospital; it just brings back so many memories, both good and bad. But we saw a lot of people who mean a lot to us because they were such a big part of ours lives with Kynslee. At the end we were able to write on slips of paper in honor of Kynslee and tie them to the wall of remembrance. We wrote Kynslee's name on them and included a little note. I was not really in the mood to take pictures but just decided to take some at the end. I didn't get one of everyone, but below are some of our family tying their notes to the wall. The event was really hard for me. I don't know why this impacted me the way it did- I guess that is just the way grief is. It comes and goes, and is different everyday. I liked being able to remember Kynslee and to have Primary's remember her since they were such a big part of her life. But I was sad and feeling lonely without her. It was hard. But good at the same time.









For Memorial Day we were able to spend a lot of time at the cemetery. Ben was able to get off work a little early, which was so great, and we went and had a picnic by Kynslee and Uncle E.J. Their graves were decorated so cute with lots of flowers and the whole cemetery was just beautiful. Ben's parents and his sister worked hard on Kynslee's and EJ's graves, planting flowers and putting wood chips around the headstones. It looks so great. I love it. They are so good to us, and I am grateful they take good care of that special place. I love making things for Kynslee's grave. It makes me feel like I can still do things for her. I made her a new flower arrangement and spruced up the ones I made for her last year. I thought everything looked so good. I was very pleased and we were able to just enjoy our time together, reminiscing of the good times we had with Kynslee. We also enjoyed visiting other family members who have gone on before us. It was a really good day.






On a different note, I was able to hit up some Memorial Day sales and I got some CUTE clothes for little baby boy! I am very excited for him to get here! :)

5 comments:

kollers said...

Kynslee's and EJ's graves look beautiful! What a special day. I really admire your strength! We think the world of you guys and are so blessed to be your friends! And I'm very excited to see the new boy clothes! Gotta love a good sale!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a lot of emotions! I'm glad you had a good memorial day and are getting all ready for your new addition! Good luck!
Melissa

scott and jessica doman said...

her head stone is big! and cute. you r so wonderful. love ya girl

Char@The Starter Home said...

The grave looks so beautiful! Lool how many people love that little girl!

Em said...

Wow! I am kind of jealous! I love how good the headstones look, and wish we could plant like that at the AF cemetery. I know what you mean about the tribute. It is something that is very endearing. And I love the wall of remembrance. I am so excited for your little boy! Our boys will be such good friends!