For our anniversary this year we bought tickets to a preseason Chiefs game as our presents. We went with our good friends the McIlraths and had so much fun! This was our first time going to an NFL game and it was awesome! Because it was preseason it was on a Friday and the price for tickets was cheaper, so it was a win-win for us.
We took this picture and sent it to Ben's brother who is a huge Chiefs fan.
We had a lot of fun. Although the best part was people watching. Honestly, I watched less of the game being at the actual game, than I do watching it on tv! It was hard to pay attention when there were so many interesting people around! A fight broke out a few rows in front of us which was the highlight of the experience. There was a sassy lady who was standing up the whole time and a guy that looked like he came with the boys and girls club or something asked if she could sit down because the kids couldn't see. She said no, so others started asking, then her boyfriend stood up and yelled profanities at everyone and then other people stood up and yelled back and it was hilarious. People are crazy! They had to get security to escort the couple out. I was worried that couple was going to get the crap kicked out of them. Haha, it was so fun. We always have fun with the McIlraths, we were meant to be besties!
The next day was our actual anniversary and Payson and I made a big breakfast. He loves to help me in the kitchen.
That night our friends the Payne's were so nice to watch the kids for us so we could go out to dinner and movie. It was so great to get all ready and go on a date! We hadn't done that for awhile.
We had a gift card to Texas Roadhouse and then we went and saw Man of Steel at the dollar theater. We are high rollers, that's for sure, but you do what you can when you're poor starving college students. :)
I love this man so much! It has been a crazy seven years, but I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. I don't feel like anyone ever warned me about how hard marriage is (maybe I just didn't listen). For some reason I thought it really was just happily ever after. But it's hard! But I wouldn't want to work on it with or for anyone but Ben. He is my best friend and I am so glad we have each other. Here's to many more awesome years together! Love you babe!









1 comment:
I love these posts babe great job! Love you too!
Post a Comment