This cute kid was so excited for his birthday. We kept talking about his birthday and how he is turning 3, and by the time his birthday came, he had it down and was telling everyone. I told him we could make chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday. He loves these and loves to help me. He was so excited. I let him put three candles in and I sang happy birthday to him and he loved it. The rest of the day he sang the happy birthday song and would sing "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to you". It was so cute.
I had planned a little party with his friends at the park. I didn't want to do a whole lot. Ben was at school so we weren't celebrating until that night, and also my family was coming to visit the following week, so I planned a big party for that weekend. But I thought we should do something fun on his actual birthday. So I thought his friends could just come to the park and they could play. Well, it was freezing cold that day. Of course. So the change of plans was going to the church and let them play in the gym. I was a little panicked because I literally didn't plan anything. I figured they could just play at the park. Luckily Ben's aunt Sally came to the rescue! She helped me set up and thought of games we could play and just saved me that day. I was also pretty sick due to the pregnancy, so that made things even worse. I could not have done this without her!
We set up a little table with some snacks.
We made fruit loop necklaces.
We played Pass the Frog.
We ate yummy cupcakes. Payson's request was chocolate with chocolate frosting. A boy after my own heart.
We opened presents. Payson got some great stuff! He is lucky to have such great friends!
Everyone wanted to help open them.
Here they all are sitting on the stage. He has such a cute group of friend from his little preschool and from church. They are so fun and Payson always talks about his friends and asks about if they are going to be wherever we are going. It's so cute.
I didn't get any pictures of that night, but Ben, Payson and I went to dinner and then went and got his present. He wanted macaroni and cheese for dinner, and I being pregnant and sick and particular about what sounded good, wanted pasta, so we ended up trying an Italian place that was really good. And really expensive. It turned out to be a pretty fancy place for a three year old's birthday, but it was still fun. And he got some yummy macaroni and cheese. Then we went to the store and got him something Ben had been planning on getting him. It's a big castle with all sorts of guys and gadgets and they were both very excited. They came home and played it all night. We talked and skyped with family and it was a fun night. When Payson woke up the next morning he asked if it was still his birthday. He wanted to do it all over again. :)
The following weekend we had a special visit from my parents and my sister and brother. We had such a fun weekend with them! While they were here, we had a big party for Payson with some friends from law school and the Rhodes family. It was lots of fun, and of course Payson loved all the attention. We had a Monster's Inc. party, which turned out pretty cute.
We emailed the invites out to everyone.















No comments:
Post a Comment