.

.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Baby #3


To make the announcement of baby #3, I had lots of fun. We had been trying to get pregnant for almost two years, and anyone who has gone through that know how much fun that is. :/ We did testing and tried some things, but ended up getting pregnant without any help. I guess it wasn't time for this little one to come yet. We had only been in Topeka for a month when I realized I was late. I didn't want to get my hopes up for obvious reasons, and just tried to forget about it. I told myself that if I didn't start on Friday, I would take a pregnancy test. Well I never made it all the way through the day on Friday. I was too nervous and excited and couldn't take the suspense any longer. I found an old pregnancy test and took it and it was positive. Again, I didn't want to get my hopes up, and starting looking online if pregnancy tests can expire. They can. And this one had. So I decided I would wait and see if I started over the weekend and if not, I would take another, not expired, test on Sunday. If I was pregnant, I wanted a fun way to tell Ben. I planned a big dinner for Sunday night and a special dessert to announce it. Over the weekend I starting feeling like it wasn't a mistake and that it was probably real. Sunday morning I took another test and sure enough it was positive. I was so excited!!! I was so excited to tell Ben and tell everyone and I was just so happy! That night we ate a nice dinner and I pulled out the dessert that had #3 written with peanut butter cups. Ben was so excited and started to cry. I love that softy! It was just the reaction I wanted. :)
We are so excited for this baby! We thank God for giving us the opportunity to be parents, and to add another little one to our family. We are so blessed.

To announce the good news to our family and friends we made this cute video of Payson. We took a bunch of videos of Payson saying he's going to be a big brother, and Ben put together the video. We love it! We laugh every time we watch it. :)

1 comment:

It's A Wonderful Life-Family Journal said...

That video is adorable!! Congrats! So happy for you.