.

.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kynslee's Birthday

As Kynslee's birthday was approaching this year, I could not decide what I wanted to do. Our normal traditions weren't a possibility this year, and I just didn't know what I wanted. I didn't know if I would feel like doing anything, or just want a quiet night in. I feel like it's like this every year. Maybe it always will be. We talked about just going to dinner or making cupcakes and taking them to some of our friends, just so we could be doing something in her memory. But I didn't really know. As the day of her birthday went on, I decided I didn't really want to be alone. I wanted to do something to celebrate her and remember her. So we quickly threw together a little birthday party with some of our new friends. I made a big batch of taco soup and we had dinner and then ice cream and cupcakes for dessert. It turned out to be a great night. It was actually fun to celebrate with people who didn't know her story, because I got to talk about her all night. I pulled out my scrapbooks and everyone looked at the pictures and I just told them all about her. It was wonderful. I love talking about her. I love telling her story. It was a really great night. 

I saw these cute cupcakes on Pinterest and thought they would be perfect for this. 
I only got a couple of pictures of everyone just hanging out. 

This cute kid helped me make the cupcakes and was so excited to eat one!
Our awesome friends brought some balloons to help decorate the party. So thoughtful!
During the day we got a nice surprise from my mom. She had a delicious basket of cookies delivered to our house. It was so thoughtful and meant a lot.
He was also excited to eat these, too. :) 
Happy Birthday to this cute girl. I can't believe she would be 5. We often talk about what she would be like. It's both fun and heartbreaking. She holds a very special place in our hearts and we will never forget that crazy day that she entered our lives. She was beautiful and perfect, and just a blessing sent straight from heaven. We are so blessed she is a part of our family forever. Love you baby girl.


2 comments:

Ben Lamb said...

I love it.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful idea!! I'm glad you were able to celebrate her sweet life with new friends.