
A couple of weeks ago we had a surprise birthday party for my friend and coworker. It was so much fun! We had been planning it and working on it for a while, and I was so excited it was finally here. She turned 60 this year, so we wanted to do something big, and everything turned out great. We told her we were having a meeting at our boss' house (which was kind of a stretch, but we pulled it off! Luckily there was a lot going on at work, so we used that to our advantage.) When she got to the house, everyone was outside in the back yard and those of us that were there for the meeting were sitting down pretending to be discussing things. When she came in someone mentioned that we should go outside since it was so nice out there, and we casually got up and walked out to the back. It was perfect. She was so surprised. We had her family and a bunch of people from work and it was so much fun. Later, when we asked her if she knew anything about it, she said she thought the meeting at Melissa's house was kind of weird, and thought maybe our little department was doing something, but she had no idea about a big birthday bash. It was such a fun night.
This is the cute invite Ben's cousin made for me. Didn't she do such a great job?!?! I LOVE it! She does all sorts of cute cards- announcements, invites, etc. Check out her website here, and seriously, if you ever need an invite or announcement, she does a wonderful job!

Melissa's (my boss) house is the perfect party house. She has a gorgeous backyard with a swimming pool, and it was just perfect. We decorated it with balloons everywhere, and it turned out really cute.
This is when she walked out and saw everyone.
A big thanks to my wonderful hubby for all his help and support while I spent a lot of time getting ready for this. And for his wonderful camera skills. :)
We had everyone bring their favorite salsa for the salsa bar. Becky loves chips and salsa, so this was really fun. We had everyone bring the recipe too and we put them in a book and gave it to her.

We had some yummy Mexican food for dinner.

Everyone just hung out and talked and ate, and the kids spent the night in the pool.
My BFF Lina~ she is the reason I have this wonderful job that I love so much. She posted on Facebook that her work had an opening, so I applied, and here we are. I love working with her. She is amazing. We were good friends in high school and spent a lot of time together in student government and our Harry Potter club, and then we didn't really talk for a couple of years. And now we get to see each other every day! She is seriously such a wonderful person and such a great friend.

Everyone contributed to a group gift and we got her a Kindle. She was so excited, as you can see. :)

It was so much fun to plan and to put together. I just love Becky. She is so much fun to work with and I wanted it to be a fun birthday for her big 60. I think she had a good time. I seriously work with the best people. I am so lucky. I love going to work, just to socialize. I feel very fortunate to have these coworkers I call friends. :)

2 comments:
I think MLR is so lucky to have YOU there! I love Lina, too. What a nice surprise party. That was so thoughtful! How fun!
Awww. Love you both! I agree with Julia. We are VERY lucky to have you!
Who else would throw awesome surprise pool parties??? Thanks for putting it all together, it turned out PERFECT!
Post a Comment