.

.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Best Part Of Summer

Is the 4th of July! I love this holiday! I love fireworks, BBQs, being outside, spending time with family, and of course, the reason we celebrate! I am so grateful to live in this great nation. I am proud to be an American, and I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy. I am grateful for those who have fought to preserve those freedoms, especially our grandfathers. We are so blessed!

For Independence Day, we went up to the cabin for the weekend. I was looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, but it was jam-packed full of fun activities! On Saturday we went to the Deer Creek and enjoyed a fun day on the lake. We made it through will no injuries and some minor sunburns. It was a really fun day. Surprisingly, it wasn't too busy that we couldn't get some skiing and wakeboarding in. And Payson loved driving the boat with Grandpa!

Payson loves the water!
Daddy and Pays skipping/throwing rocks
I was able to grab a quick shot when the boys were trying to ride the surf board together. So funny!
Payson was mad at the girls for taking him away from Grandpa

Sunday we had a big BBQ and I made a fun 4th of July cake, that actually turned out pretty good. I was proud of it after all the time I spent on it. A friend at work found it online and showed me and I was so excited to make it. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I made the cake from scratch and that was the hardest part! (my first time from scratch!) But I was very happy with how it turned out! Isn't it cool!?!


On the 4th, we started the day out at the little town devotional in Midway where we enjoyed a patriotic program with Dr. Holland (President of UVU) as the keynote speaker, and some wonderful music from the Swiss Belles and the town choir. I loved every minute of it. It was picture perfect. I love that cute town! Elder Jeffrey R Holland was there (to hear his son) and we went up and shook his hand after the program. He is as nice in person and I imagine him to be from TV. It was a lot of fun. During the day we went and watched my brother in his volleyball tournament. And that night we walked around Midway and camped out for the fireworks. It was raining pretty hard by the time the fireworks started, so we were all huddled in blankets. But that didn't stop us from having so much fun!
It was such a fabulous weekend!

Midway town devotional
Sisters~at the volleyball tournament
Riding on Daddy's shoulders and loving it!
He loves to put on chapstick!
My patriotic son!
Hanging out at the fireworks

Singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" while we waited for the fireworks.
Payson loved the fireworks! He just sat there and watched them the whole time! He must be mine~ I LOVE fireworks!
God Bless America!

1 comment:

Lynndi said...

I LOVE the cake. You did a great job. Was it hard? How do you get the colors to stay where you want?