.

.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend, we went up to my grandparents house in Hooper and spent the weekend at their house. I really enjoying spending time with them. Growing up we would take turns staying at their house for a couple of days when we were off track. We have a lot of great memories up there with them and I always love to go up there. Saturday we went to a cowboy gathering at Antelope Island where my mom was performing her cowboy poetry. We had Payson all decked out in his cowboy gear and he got a lot of attention. Quite a few people took pictures of him and everywhere we went he would get comments on what a cute cowboy he was. We had a fun day with the family.

Mom performing
Payson walked right up to the stage and just stood there watching his grandma. It was so cute!
Cute Cowboy

On Monday we went down to Lehi and had a BBQ with the Lambs and spent some time at the cemetery. It was raining when we headed down so I didn't bring all my decorations for Kynslee's grave because I didn't want them to get ruined. It turned out to be windy and a little chilly but it wasn't raining when we got down there. I was so mad I didn't bring everything. But we had fun looking at all the relatives headstones and also finding some really old ones from the first people to live in Lehi.


I love how beautiful the cemetery is on Memorial Day. I love all the flowers and how green everything is. It's very peaceful.


We had a really neat experience over that weekend. My grandma has had heart problems the last few years and has been struggling with her health. It's been so hard to see her going through all these things. A couple of months ago she was life flighted to the hospital in heart failure and ended up having a heart surgery. She did not do well during that stay. There was a couple of times we weren't sure she was going to make it. But she it. She made a miraculous recovery and was able to go home and the plan was for her to get stronger and healthier so she could have another surgery she needed. Because of what had happened we were all so nervous for her to have the next surgery. We didn't want to lose her, or even go through what we did last time. My poor grandpa would get all choked up anytime we talked about it. My grandma finally announced that she was having her surgery on May 31. I was so nervous. She was doing so good and was really the best I had seen her in a long time. I was really worried. All the family decided to have a fast for her on the Sunday before the surgery. I prayed so hard that all would go well. Sunday night we all met at grandma and grandpa's house for a big dinner and to pray together and break our fast. Despite the reason for being there it was a really fun night. I love spending time with family. It was fun to have everyone there together. After that night, I wasn't so worried. I felt peace, and I knew everything was going to be okay (even though I didn't know what exactly that meant). The day of the surgery I took work off and spent the day at the hospital to offer comfort and distraction for grandpa and my mom. I've been there before and it helps so much to have family around. The surgery took many hours but when the doctor came out and told us everything went really well and grandma was doing great, we were all so relieved. My grandpa was so excited and so happy he took us to lunch and then later took us all to dinner. He was so happy. We all were. Grandma is doing well now and getting stronger every day. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for hearing and answering our prayers. I'm grateful for such a wonderful family who loves and supports each other. And I'm so grateful for amazing grandparents who started it all. I know that the power of fasting and prayer is real. And I know it helped grandma and our family that day. I love how beautiful the cemetery is on Memorial Day. I love all the flowers and how green everything is. It's very peaceful.

No comments: