.

.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Power of Women

Three years ago today we had Kynslee's funeral. It hit me tonight as I was sitting in the same chapel where her funeral was held. And I was wearing the same jacket that I wore to her funeral. Tonight is the first time I have worn it since that day. I haven't really been able to or wanted to wear it. I associate it with sad times. But special times. But for some reason I felt like wearing it tonight. It kind of felt like a big step for me. We had a stake leadership meeting that we as a stake primary presidency were in charge of putting together. The theme of the night was the power of women. Our stake president gave an inspiring talk about women heros in the scriptures, and encouraged us to be those kind of women. I thought about Kynslee alot. I thought about how she is my hero. I thought about how strong and courageous she is. I thought about her example of perserverance and enduring to the end. I thought about the peace she brought to everyone that knew her. I thought about the way she impacted so many people's lives. I thought about the way she shared the gospel in her own way. I thought about how she helped others gain and strengthen their testimonies. I thought about all the love she shared with everyone. I thought about her sweet little smile and her beautiful eyes. I thought about how much I miss her. And I thought about how I want to be like her. She is an example of how the power of a woman can affect so many people in so many ways. I miss her so much it hurts. But I feel her close to me. I feel her helping me along the way. I feel her encouraging me. I feel her love. I feel her helping me become the woman I want to be.



Thinking of the funeral, I included some pictures.






Here's To Great Women;
May We Know Them
May We Raise Them
May We Be Them

4 comments:

Elisa & Josh said...

What a strong beautiful girl! Everything looked like it was so nice at the funeral. Every time you write about her it shows what a strong and loving person you are. I love hearing about Kynslee!

The Beginning said...

Don't worry I cried the whole time reading this. Seriously you are already a stronger woman then many. I can't imagine being in your shoes and being as strong as you are. Your little family is so dang cute and the fact that one day you guys will all be together again is amazing!!

Missy said...

I have to agree with the previous comments. You are such a strong woman and I admire your strength. You are amazing!

Melissa said...

How was the balloon release? I hope it was perfect. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot. Beautiful, strong Kynslee!