
For Kynslee's birthday, we ended up having a really good day. I am always nervous for these special days because I never know if I am going to feel up to celebrating, or being around people. But it was really nice this year. Ben and I both had to work, which really hurt when I thought about how that is just another way I am forced to see that life has to go on, even without her. But we made the best of it. We met for lunch at the cemetery, and had our traditional picnic. I love that place. There is just a feeling of peace and beauty and I love to be there. We were able to have some quality family time, and it felt great. I know Kynslee was there with us.
That night, our families gathered for a birthday party. It turned out to be one of my favorite birthday parties we have had for Kyns. I don't really know why, it was just really fun. We had a great turn out from our families, and we cannot tell you how much it means to us that we have their love and support. They are just wonderful. We had hawaiian haystacks for dinner, and homemade ice cream and sugar cookies for dessert. It was just a fun night of being together.
The cookies turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the day. I think they turned out so cute and just what I had pictured (which is always nice!). They really do remind me of Kyns.

We all wore our Kynslee buttons, which was a great way to remember and include her. I think I am really going to like those things. I am already so glad we have them.


This cute kid is just four days older than Kynslee. Can't you just picture her sitting next to him, eating their ice cream together?
This is where my dad spent most of the evening. Thanks to him, we had delicious homemade peach ice cream.

Payson's cousins just love him and always want to play with him and give him hugs and kisses. It is so cute.

The next day, our wonderful GG turned 100 YEARS OLD! Isn't that AMAZING?!?! So we had a big birthday party for her. Jan, Ben's mom, planned it all, and she did such a fantastic job. It was a lot of work and she put in a lot of time, and it turned out really great. Great job Jan!

Here's our family with cute GG who we just adore. She is the cutest lady! Doesn't she look great for being 100!?!
Payson loved being on dad's shoulders and he loved the balloons!


It was really fun to see lots of family and friends!
After the party, we released some balloons for Kynslee. Thanks Jan! Happy Birthday to an Angel and a GG!



2 comments:
So nice to see you have such a supportive family! I love the cookies!!
Teea, this makes me all teary. It's so interesting how life is full circle as you celebrate your daughter and GG who is 100. I hope you feel peace now and always.
Post a Comment