.

.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Our poster child and her headstone




On Kynslee's birthday we went and donated a bunch of her stuff to Primary's and did it in her name. A couple of weeks ago, we got a nice letter from Primary's saying thank you for the things we donated. Well, someone recognized her name with her picture and they sent us a brochure for Festival of Trees, and it has Kynslee's picture on it! That was really fun for us.




Then, this weekend was Festival of Trees, and they had pictures of Kynslee on the posters. Ben and I went on Saturday and as you walk into the main hall with all the trees, there was a large poster with Kynslee in the middle picture. She looks so cute! It was taken when she was just about a month old, so she is tiny.


Also, my cousin's wife, Melissa made a tree with her family and wanted to do it for Kynslee. We were so touched and it meant so much! And the tree was beautiful! They did an amazing job. Everyone would stop and look at it and at Kynslee's picture. It was so cute! Thanks Melissa! :) As always, it was fun to see Kynslee in these pictures and have this wonderful tree to honor her, but it was hard as well. I just miss her. That's all I can say.






And we finally got Kynslee's headstone in. We are so happy to have it! It's been a long road with this thing. It took us, well me mostly, awhile to decide exactly what I wanted. I went back and forth, and had a hard time committing to a final decision. After we had finally decided what we wanted, they had to order the stone from China, which took about 3 months. So after all that, we finally got it put in! It feels good to have it, even though we wish we didn't have to have it all. But it is something we can do for her, and that makes us feel good. So here are some pictures of it. We found out it was put in on Friday, and Ben didn't get off work until 8:30, so when we went down and saw it, it was dark. But we got some good pictures of it. Then on Sunday we went down again and got some pictures of it in the day time. It's beautiful and everything we wanted it to be!



You can't see the bottom words very well, but it says, Daughter of Ben and Teea.


Isn't the color of the stone beautiful? I love it! It's called China Pink. Pink fits Kynslee!






Here is Kynslee and Unlce EJ. I am glad she is not alone. I know EJ is watching over her and protecting her.

22 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Her headstone is beautiful just like her. I can't wait to come and see it! Love you guys!

Pallas said...

How wonderful Teea! Her headstone is beautiful and that is so fun that she was part of the festival of trees! I sure miss you!

Amanda Tye said...

It looks so good, worth the wait, huh.
The tree also looks amazing. Melissa did a good job.

*We're Unplugged* said...

That headstone is darlig. I can tell you guys put a lot of thought into it. This post made me tear up a little!

AJ Johnson: A Family Co said...

I'm at work right now and just started crying. The headstone is perfect. Beautiful! Very fitting... Much love for you all.

Savanna said...

You did an awesome job with the headstone. It's beautiful. I love that it's a heart. That's neat. The tree is really cute. Good job Melissa! That was really sweet of her. It was fun to visit with you at the Tye thanksgiving! You are so cute. I just love ya!!

The Rindi's said...

Her headstone is beautiful!! I love the color china-pink!! The tree was also beautiful!! How great to have Kynslee on all the posters/pamphlets!! You guys are great!! We love you and can't wait to see you at the Christmas party

Melissa said...

How special! I'm glad her headstone is in!
Melissa - IHH

Missy said...

Kynslee's headstone is beautiful and her tree is gorgeous:)How wonderful to have so many beautiful things to remind us of her.

kollers said...

What words can't say huh...... Her headstone turned out beautiful! We will definately have to go see it! Melissa's tree for Kynslee turned out beautiful as well and what an awesome way to honor her by donating some of her things. I can imagine how tough that would be. I admire and love you guys!

Jaime said...

I drove by the cemetary today and noticed the headstone. It really is beautiful just like her! The festival of trees is such a neat idea to honor Kynslee. So many people just thought she was so pretty, you can tell by all of the posters and things her picture was on!

Blass Family said...

Teea I have never seen such a beautiful head stone! I admire your strength and love for her! The pics of her at the festival of trees is darling!

Elisa & Josh said...

Her headstone is beautiful! I love that it's heart shaped. I'm glad you're able to have that now. :)

Anonymous said...

Teea, The headstone is amazing! You did a wonderful job, everything fits.. its all just perfect! I am glad that it all was able to come together for you, and turn out just the way you wanted! The tree was beautiful! I saw that tree when I went.. It was amazing! I admire you Teea, your strength and love! Keep smiling!! Love you

Melissa said...

Teea,
The headstone is absolutely beautiful. I cry for you and admire your strength. Thank you for letting us honor precious Kynslee at the festival. She is adored by everyone. Her pictures on the brochures are so darling. What a beautiful soul. I think about her everyday. Much love to you!

Ashlee said...

Teea her headstone is so beautiful! I think about you all time and Monika said she ran into you and that you would join us in our dinner dates one night! We will let you know for sure when it happens! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!

Em said...

looks great Teea. Love you

Rachel Smith said...

I can't wait to see her headstone at Christmas! And the Tree looked Beautiful! I'm sure she approves of both and just loves them!

Emily Hamilton said...

Your little Kynslee is such a BEAUTIFUL little girl!! I love the tree that was made in honor of her. The headstone is perfect. You two are such wonderful people!
It was great to see you at graduation. Congrats! Graduating is a HUGE accomplishment, especially with all that has been going on in your lives. We really admire you two! Thanks for your great influence in our lives.

Jen said...

Just dropping by to say I'm thinking about you today.
Hope your holidays are going ok.

carolyn q said...

I love the headstone!!! We too chose the large heart shaped for Hope's and also the same graphic with Christ holding the baby on the back. Great minds think alike. It's only fitting since our daughters conditions were so much the same.
I can only imagine the relief it was for you to know it was placed so at least others will know it's very sacred ground.
I think that is awesome about the Festival of Trees and how your daughter was remembered.
(HUGS)